Working Together Since 2010
The mission of the citizen-led Boise Forest Coalition is to provide the Boise National Forest with management recommendations that:
- Are developed through consensus decisions involving all members of the Coalition;
- Address natural resource, economic, recreational, and societal needs;
- Are compatible with Forest Plan direction including implementation of the Forest's Wildlife and Aquatic Conservation Strategies;
- Are economically realistic;
- Promote future collaboration during implementation and monitoring.
Dr. Johnson will be speaking about innovative efforts to engage forest sector stakeholders and the public in Oregon, including efforts to increase awareness and community preparedness to wildfire.